CHINESE INSTITUTE GENEVA FOUNDATION
CHINESE INSTITUTE GENEVA FOUNDATION
Welcome to CIG - Director Mrs. Chu
Chinese Institute Geneva Foundation is recruiting more teachers from September this year to work in Nyon and Geneva.
1. Experience in Mandarin teaching or Normal University diploma would be an advantage.
2. Being able to work on Wednesday afternoons, constantly from September 2017 to June 2018.
Regular wage is paid on an hourly basis.
Please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Chinese Institute Geneva Foundation
Chinese Institute Geneva Foundation (CIG) was established in 2008 in Geneva, Switzerland. It is a politically and religiously neutral non-profit foundation, recognized by the Swiss federal government and the cantonal government of Geneva. The main goals of CIG are to teach standard Mandarin, whilst to promote Chinese culture and to incorporate cultural exchange. The founder of CIG is Mrs. Jun Chu, also the current director. CIG has been awarded the honorary title of “Chinese Education Model School” by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council of China in 2017. At present CIG has 22 teachers and about 220 students.
Lessons are adapted to various needs: There are classes for primary and secondary school students with Mandarin as mother tongue or as a foreign language; classes for adults, including professional business language classes, preparatory classes for examinations, such as HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) and YCT (Youth Chinese Test), and IB Chinese (International Baccalaureate). CIG also provides Chinese classes to the International School of Geneva (LGB campus) and the Moser School in Nyon. To introduce Chinese culture, CIG organizes frequently events and activities, as well as cultural tours to China.
CIG is the only test center of YCT (Youth Chinese Test) in Switzerland, nominated by the NOCFL (in Chinese: Hanban - National Office for Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language). Every year CIG manages and operates the YCT Switzerland.
A series of activities CIG has carried out in recent years:
1. Since 2009, we have introduced Chinese Spring Festival to the International School of Geneva for over 700 primary and secondary school students.
2. Since 2011, we have organized presentations on Guzheng, Chinese tea art, Chinese films, Chinese calligraphy and Chinese tourism etc.
3. During the summer of 2011 and the spring break of 2015, we successfully organized cultural tours to China.
4. In 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2015, we held five sessions of the "Speaking about China, Knowing about China" themed culture event.
5. In 2011, 2013 and 2017, we hosted celebrations for the Chinese New Year together with our teachers and students, as well as those who are interested in Chinese culture. In addition, we successfully planned Chinese Spring Festival celebrations for large local enterprises.
6. Since 2014, we have been invited annually by the Beijing Municipal Education Committee to participate in the summer camps for international students. In the past 4 years nearly 70 CIG students from Switzerland took part in the Beijing summer camps. In 2015, 31 CIG students were invited by the People’s University of China and the Confucius Institute of the University of Geneva to attend the winter camp in Beijing and Shanghai.
7. CIG overseas Chinese students took part in the 2014 “Root-seeking Summer Camp” in Guangxi province, China. In 2015, 2016 and 2017, we took part in the summer camps respectively in Fujian, Henan and Shanxi provinces.
8. At the request of Sino-Swiss joint ventures and Swiss local enterprises, we held a series of lectures on Chinese calligraphy and cultural differences between China and western countries. We also provide them long-term in-company Chinese courses.
9. Since 2012 we have been a qualified test center of YCT for French-speaking area in Switzerland (the only YCT test center in Switzerland since 2014).
10. On 28th May 2017, CIG students participated in the 7th Netherlands Mandarin Recitation/Speech Competition. Our 9 years old student Lila Mansourian won 1st prize in the foreigners group.
11. CIG developed its own children’s choir in March 2017. Our choir dedicated its first performance to the EMS Résidence de Saconnay, Geneva in June 2017, and performed officially at the 1st Swiss Chinese Culture and Tourism Festival in September 2017.
From 21st to 23rd December 2017, the delegation of overseas Chinese educators from the 4th International Conference on Chinese Education paid a three days visit to Heilongjiang Province (China)....